ECU 11’s to good for Quinns

ECU 11’s to good for Quinns

Posted on May 31, 2013 in 'Juniors 2013'

ECU U11’s vs Quinns U11’s Sunday 26th May 2013

Riley and Nathan get the game under way for ECU on a sunny Sunday morning at ECU. The first few minutes are very evenly matched with both teams enjoying their fair share of possession. Quinns came close to opening the scoring with a shot just over the bar from a free kick on the right hand side.

With Quinns unable to trouble the back 3 of ECU (Aaron H, Aaron L and Wes) ECU broke down the right hand side with a great 1-2 between Nathan and Harry, Harry’s pin point cross found Luke at the back post and Luke made no mistakes as he headed ECU into an early lead. ECU 1 – 0 Quinns.

Quinns came close again after the restart hitting the cross bar from a long range strike. Nathan and Harry were linking up well down the right hand side terrorizing the Quinns defence. Luke made it 2 -0 with fantastic link up play with Riley. ECU are starting to take control of this match with Dayan, Luke and Harry running the mid field. ECU 2 – 0 Quinns.

Luke came close to getting his hatrick hitting the post from a corner and again hitting the post from another one of Harry’s crosses from the right.

Quinns almost scored with the last kick of the 1st half but Aaron L cleared the ball off the line.

Half time score ECU 2 – 0 Quinns

Three changes were made at half time with Joey, Zack and Matthew coming on to replace Aaron H, Luke and Nathan. ECU started the 2nd half strong with Riley, Dayan and Zack enjoying plenty of possession in the center of the field which paid off when Riley’s left foot shot beat the keeper at the bottom corner to put ECU 3 goals in front. ECU 3 – 0 Quinns.

Joey came close to making it 4-0 forcing a good save from the Quinns keeper. Down the other end of the field Matthew was dealing with all the Quinns attacks with ease, Kye was forced out of his box to make a good clearance after Quinns attacked on the break. Luke came back on for Aaron L and Zack slotted into left back.

Kye was forced into action again with some brave goal keeping diving at the feet of the Quinns striker and making a good save. A double substitution saw Nathan replace Harry and Aaron H come on for Dayan.

Quinns made it 3 -1 as they scored from the rebound after Kye made a good save. ECU 3 – 1 Quinns.

Riley forced a good save from the Quinns keeper on the break as Quinns started enjoying more of the possession late in the 2nd half but the back 3 (Matthew, Wes and Zack) of ECU dug deep and prevented Quinns from adding to the score sheet.

The matched ended with ECU winning 3-1.